Monday, January 14, 2008

To a Savior who set me free:

Now all have fallen short of the glory of God’s grace,
All have been disqualified to finally finish the race,
Still my sin sows seeds that suffocate the soul,
And my hopeless humanity hangs on in helpless hopes of being whole,
While burdens break the backs of beaten believers bent in crying,
The whole world holds its breath, while Jesus hangs there dying,


While his denied love desperately drips down a dusty and dejected cross,
His crimson covering completely cleanses a coal colored sinner’s dross,
In the last merciful moments of our Master’s mournful death
When his holy hands hang helpless as he heaves his haggard breath,
Father I am forsaken, in this faithless feud I faced,
Into thy hands I commit my spirit, my arms in your embrace,

Pierced for our transgressions, while he knelt in the garden to pray,
Prayed for those who dwelled defiled in that dire and dark decay,
So that now the faith of the fallen few no longer faces the fear of the flames,
So that the burdened backs of broken believers no longer bends in blame,
And now realizing we can rejoice in a real redemption that reclaims the ready soul,
We pray for a purpose,and for the powerful passion of being whole.

No comments: